Saturday 1 May 2010

its been 4 weeks here now

and the studio is rocking it. Once it got drier and sunnier the work mode switched on full gear... I mixed 36 colours in the beginning of week, some are straight from the tube, some are mix of a few pigments. The difficulty is getting their tone accurate so when applied they should form as ambiguous colour as possible. Ive been doing this for few years but so far Ive never been truely happy.
here's the first layer. I used video beamer to project the image on paper
here's another one thats coming up. I think this one will take a while...
but heres the newest cube. This will be hung the other way around so it appears falling. The size is 150 x 120 cm. This took quite a while to do, I think I started this wednesday and finished it just now.
and a close-up. I like the randomness and 'mistakes' the process creates. It the brush versus gravity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers