Tuesday 4 May 2010

its like finnish summer now

The newest watercolour cube has found its way and Im quite pleased with it. It has different dynamics than one similar cube I have done previously a few years back (also its a lot more complex!). I was never very happy how that one turned out (the coulours were a bit unbalanced and it had purplish overall hue). I am not totally happy with this one either but there is something that I enjoy about it so it will probably be exhibited somewhere.

here is another cube I have been meaning to try for quite a while now ( i think for more than 2 years or so...). It is done with ink and there's 3 layers of it in every dot. Many people prefer monochromatic works that I have done, personally I cannot say one is better than the other of the pieces I choose to exhibit.
last nite I had an idea and as usual the end result is quite far from the result. I might try this again some day but it will envolve bigger paper and at least 60 hues already mixed. (this one has 36)
these are the same colours but applied differently. I didnt correct the tones beforehand so theres a lot of variation on the overall hue of different tones.
leaves have grown as Ive been working
and this is my regular lunch place at nishiogikubo. pretty standard sushi but for the price its heaven if you like raw fish with vinegary rice (their rice tastes butelry somehow, I wonder how they do it) and green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers