Friday 2 April 2010

3rd day in japan, 1st day in the studio

This is my first ever blog trying to record some events while Im working at Youkobo Art Space in Tokyo, Japan.


The above is the view to the Youkobo Art Space and beyond the wooden doors is my studio. (studio A)



koro the studio dog

This is what its all about. Japanese papers, inks and brushes. I spent 3 hours in Sekaido art shop in Shinjuku (5 floors of art material madness...like pearl paints of Tokyo!). It was kinda slow process to get these because I dont speak any japanese. Luckily the staff was super helpful like most people here. Cannot wait to get my hands dirty and sample some. All of these papers can come in 10m rolls that I normally use for my watercolours. However everything here is smaller than in the west. Perhaps Im going to go for smaller sizes of works here...lets see. I have saved loads of ideas to create here and have not made any ink/watercolour works for a year or so now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers